[okfn-help] German version of CKAN

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Thu Nov 5 00:38:38 GMT 2009

Hi Daniel!

(Carbon copying this to our okfn-help list!)

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Daniel Dietrich <daniel at so36.net> wrote:
> I would like to thank you again for the support and help you offered me in
> yesterdays chat. So I see
>
> http://wiki.okfn.org/ckan/de
>
> As the starting point. I am afraid I will still need a hint or two in order
> to get started.

Indeed it was great to chat yesterday!

Basic idea is here:

  http://pylonsbook.com/en/1.1/internationalization-and-localization.html

Rufus has attached the template file to be translated to the wiki at:

  http://wiki.okfn.org/ckan/de?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=ckan.po

But there are some line breaks in it which we need to remove.. Does
anyone have any ideas about this?

May be some relevant links at:

  http://genshi.edgewall.org/wiki/Documentation/i18n.html
  http://babel.edgewall.org/wiki/Documentation/setup.html

> Where to start translating?
> Witch files / documents should I start translating first?
> What else can I do to help you helping us?

I think we basically want to translate the expressions in the template
file (ckan.po)...

Perhaps we should put contents of this on the wiki?

> http://knowledgeforge.net/okfn/tasks/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&component=projects.de.ckan

Yes - we should put all tickets related to de.ckan.net here..

> As soon as registration is completed I will point
> oddir.de > de.ckan.net aka: 88.198.21.211 right?

Not entirely sure yet - but we can liaise about this once we've got
something up!

> Thanks for your time.

Thank you too!

Very exciting about getting first internationalisation of CKAN!

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator
The Open Knowledge Foundation