[okfn-help] WDMMG - preliminary designs

Liz Turner liz at iconomical.com
Fri Oct 9 18:44:45 BST 2009

Hi all,

Following some rigorous analysis of the contents of the PESA
spreadsheets, we've developed some preliminary visualizations,
with elements of styling and user interface.

You'll find links to the designs at the top of the project wiki page:
http://wiki.okfn.org/p/Where_Does_My_Money_Go

This is the basic story we'd like to tell, over two screens showing
spending by region and by function, with additional time series
along the bottom. A timeline slider will animate the display. Data
permitting, it would be nice if each screen would carry a small
summary of the opposite context, to give the bigger picture and
allow an entry point from one to the other.

1. Visualizations use live data. I've identified the PESA 09 tables
from which data has been drawn, so you can see what we're using.
2. We may use the time series graph to load different data sets, to
give accurate context.
3. We're still considering what's the best way to handle interaction,
so not much detail there yet.

We're happy to hear any comments or suggestions you may have,
although we can't promise they'll be integrated. ;)

best

Liz Turner
+31627495149

δt.software