[Okfn-help] [okfn-help] Changing tags in bulk on CKAN?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Thu Oct 29 15:42:40 GMT 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 8:28 PM, David Read <mail at davidread.org> wrote:
> Jonathan,
>
> These datsets are already tagged 'linked-open-data'. Is it useful to
> add the abbreviation and variant? Or get rid of existing tag? Just let
> me know the best tags and I'll happily make the changes.

Kingsley has suggested:

"#lod and #linkeddata are the tags out in the wild. Please use these
so we build a cohesive Linked Data Web :-)"

Perhaps if they are already tagged with some identifier so we can see
they are part of the import, then we can add these two (lod +
linkeddata) and remove 'linked-open-data' tag?

> They are in the 'semanticweb' group, which is like a tag only it is
> access controlled. Do you really want these taken out of this group?

No - sorry I meant altering tags. I've updated the group short name to
'lod' and full name to 'Linking Open Data'..

Many thanks!

Jonathan