[okfn-help] website redesign

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Wed Sep 2 00:21:51 BST 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 5:55 PM, Becky Hogge<becky.hogge at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/8/25 Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org>:
>> Becky: is there any news on the web design front? Did you submit
>> something soliciting for a designer?
>
> No, I didn't. Just checked through the messages regarding this to find
> out what put me off, and I can't fathom, so I must have just dropped
> it. There were 3 areas where people thought design work could be
> focussed:
>
> branding / visual communication (Paula)
> CKAN (Jo)
> OKFN main site (Rufus)
>
> I'm not actually sure whether ThinkPublic's Real Work Experience
> target web designers, or whether they're more focussed on the more
> arty / less codey aspects of design. But I'll write and check, since
> it looks like the majority of stuff we want is the more codey-type
> design.

Just to follow this up - I think we could definitely use some designey
type design too! Such as project logos, wordpress templates, and much
else!

We've got some things on the redesign page, but perhaps we could also
write another concise design brief for circulation?

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator
The Open Knowledge Foundation