[okfn-help] Conference Call Services

Sara Wingate Gray sara.gray at okfn.org
Fri Apr 2 11:58:52 BST 2010

Hi Lisa,
thanks for creating this list. I have added a couple more options to it.

Jonathan and I have been having a quick brainstorm around the exact requirements, and we've come up with the following needs for the service:

It looks like, on average, we'll need to make:

* 2 calls per week, with between 10-20 people involved in the call.
* 60 mins per call

This gives us a monthly total of 90-180 people on the call per month and 5400-10,800 minutes used p/month

Finding a call rate @ 1p/min = 100GBP p/ month would be do-able (potentially up to GBP 3p/min), but it currently looks like charges are a lot more than this?

Ideally, we'd like to find a fixed rate p/ month solution, for a toll # which enabled intl & uk dial-in.

*My question is, does anyone have any ideas of people who would know more about this, so we could ask for advice? It's very difficult to get a sense of provision without actual experience of using any of the services offering variations on the above: does anyone have any contacts in telecoms/infrastructure we could ping for some expert feedback?*

We need to sort this out asap as we have calls coming up in the next few weeks which we want to be able to use this for. Thanks for any help people can provide!

best
Sara

Sara Wingate Gray
sara.gray at okfn.org