[okfn-help] Moved munin master and munin monitoring working on all nodes

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Aug 30 10:26:07 BST 2010

On 29 August 2010 11:21, John Bywater
<john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net> wrote:
> Rufus Pollock wrote:
[...]
>> As of yesterday evening:
>>
>>  <http://munin.okfn.org/> is now running from the new master
>>  <http://munin.us1.okfn.org> shows the munin master on us1
>>
>> There was some break in monitoring as it turned out hte AWS firewall
>> needed to be updated to let eu1 monitor AWS hosts. After allowing a
>> few days to check all is ok I propose we turn off the master on us1.

Everything seems to be working fine so I am switching off us1 as a
munin master for the time being.

[...]

> I should admit to adjusting (and raise possibility of having done something
> that is now incorrect) with this file on us1:
>
> /etc/cron.d/munin
>
> Basically, I was intending to leave munin undisturbed, but if things have
> changed I might have upset something.
>
> What I did: commented out all the statements a couple of days ago, but
> (late-ish) yesterday uncommented them all again. I also stopped (and later)
> restarted munin-node.

Hmm, that's odd because the munin master on that machine continued to
run it seems. Anyway I would not worry about this much now.

[...]

> (Is it possible to get Apache stats showing? And is it possible to include
> PostgreSQL on that page? :-))

For apache I think we need to enable server-status and tweak the
apache plugin config. For postgresql I'm not exactly sure but again
I'm certain something is possible. Again we should ticket and then do