[okfn-help] DevCSI Developer Focus - 16th/17th Feb 2011, London

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Wed Dec 15 10:44:17 GMT 2010

This JISC event should be an interesting gathering; there is also space
for workshops; would "extending CKAN" be interesting / someone from the
CKAN developer community interested in running?

----

Subject: DevCSI Developer Days - Dev8D 2011' - A major UK event for
software developers in education, Wed 16 - Thu 17, February 2011, London.

The Developer Community Supporting Innovation project (DevCSI - for
short - http://devcsi.ukoln.ac.uk), a JISC funded community and capacity
building project based at UKOLN, engaging developers working
particularly (though not exclusively) in the education sector is
organising the 'DevCSI Developer Days - Dev8D 2011' on Wednesday 16th
and Thursday 17th February, 2011, in London, UK.

For more information, and a booking form, please visit:

http://dev8d.org/

The event is *free* and provides opportunities for software developers
(and those interested in working with them or in software development)
to learn new skills, experiment with technology and ideas, share and
network amongst their peers and even take on a number challenges.

This is the third year we have run this event and each year it has
grown, with last year's event reaching nearly 500 participants, so
please book *early* as we anticipate high demand and places are limited.

Also, please note, that we are running 'Dev8D+', a series of mini events
organised the day *before* Dev8D 2011, on Tuesday 15th of February,
2011. Watch the website for updates about these and note that each mini
event will require a *separate* booking.