[okfn-help] CKAN syncing

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Mon Feb 8 17:45:48 GMT 2010

I'm thinking about the best way to synchronise between different
servers running CKAN. I've collected my thoughts and designs so far in
a wiki for discussion:

http://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/trac/wiki/SyncingInstances

If you've got any ideas for the direction of this, or thoughts on some
of the issues then please do feedback on the new CKAN-discuss list.

Just as background to why we're doing this: data.gov.uk launched a
couple of weeks ago and the backend is an instance of CKAN, so will
include these government datasets on the main ckan.net site. In
addition there are many people currently working on international CKAN
sites and it would be great to sync between them and ckan.net too.

David