[okfn-help] still problems with de.ckan.net translation

Daniel Dietrich daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Sat Feb 20 12:57:41 GMT 2010

Hi all,

Sorry - it's me again. I still have troubles getting my German translation for de.ckan.net right. This both on my local instal and on de.ckan.net

local:
1. I pulled the new stuff from repository
2. I translated ckan/i18n/de/LC_MESSAGES/ckan.mo
3. python setup.py update_catalog - worked fine
4. python setup.py compile_catalog --locale de gives me this message:

(pyenv-ckan)ddie at deep:$python setup.py compile_catalog --locale de
running compile_catalog
311 of 315 messages (98%) translated in 'ckan/i18n/de/LC_MESSAGES/ckan.po'
error: ckan/i18n/de/LC_MESSAGES/ckan.po:193: placeholders are incompatible
compiling catalog 'ckan/i18n/de/LC_MESSAGES/ckan.po' to 'ckan/i18n/de/LC_MESSAGES/ckan.mo'

The result is, that on my local installation there are still some parts in English. Like the

"CKAN is a registry of open data and content packages. CKAN makes it easy to find, share and reuse open content and data, especially in ways that are machine automatable."

But all the file ckan/i18n/de/LC_MESSAGES/ckan.mo  is completely translated. Why is that?

Could please someone help me?

Also I tried to update on the life system, like Rufus told me:

de.ckan.net
when i try to
scp ckan/i18n/de/LC_MESSAGES/ckan.mo
okfn at us1.okfn.org:~/var/srvc/de.ckan.net/pyenv/src/ckan/ckan/i18n/de/LC_MESSAGES/ckan.mo

but got an
scp: /home/okfn/var/srvc/de.ckan.net/pyenv/src/ckan/ckan/i18n/de/LC_MESSAGES/ckan.mo: Permission denied

Kind Regards
Daniel