[okfn-help] Latest work to fix javascript issues with timeline etc

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sun Jul 4 11:24:04 BST 2010

Dear Nick,

I've deployed the new simileajax and timeline stuff to
http://assets.okfn.org/ext/simile/* (on s3).

I then tried out your changes. Results:

* Chrome loads geochrono napoleon and chrono but is intermittent (much
more so on chrono which almost never worked than geochrono which
almost always worked)
* Firefox loads chrono but hangs on geochrono! Here's a image
including firebug for this:

<http://imagebin.ca/view/JbL03PTE.html>

I cannot believe how weird and difficult getting openlayers and simile
to work together is proving!

Rufus

PS: I've also converted the git repos to mercurial ones and posted on
bitbucket (you have write permission)

http://bitbucket.org/okfn/timeline
http://bitbucket.org/simileajax

I'm obviously completely cool with wherever you'd like to put this
stuff but from my (and OKF) end it is marginally easier if they are
mercurial repos because I can integrate them more easily with the
m.okfn.org/assets.okfn.org stuff (be that as subrepos (m.okfn.org is
mercurial) or even as automated checkouts as part of the build and
deploy process)