[okfn-help] catalogue rdf redux...

William Waites william.waites at okfn.org
Fri Jul 9 04:21:04 BST 2010

I've just updated ckanrdf to use ordf, you'll need to add

	ordf.readers = rdflib
	ordf.writers = rdflib
	# optional for persistent local store
	rdflib.args = some/where/data/rdflib
	rdflib.store = Sleepycat

to the app:main section of any configs in use. Running

	~/src/ckanrdf$ hg pull
	~/src/ckanrdf$ hg update
	~/src/ckanrdf$ pip install -r pip-requirements.txt
	~/src/ckanrdf$ python setup.py develop

The simple test from the README works as advertised,

	~/src/ckanrdf$ paster make-config ckanrdf myconfig.ini
	~/src/ckanrdf$ paster ckanrdf -o - -d myconfig.ini wordnet

this does provenance in two ways: using opmv for high level
information (including package names and versions) and using
cs for changesets within your local store giving you a statement-
level local change history. I think this is more expressive
than the nquads approach.

Dumping the contents (head -- less changesets) from the local
store (without the -d) reads it all into memory so beware.

Typically you'll be wanting to run,

	# list packages
	~/src/ckanrdf$ paster ckanrdf myconfig.ini -d -l
	# describe all packages
	~/src/ckanrdf$ paster ckanrdf myconfig.ini -d
	# serialize everything
	~/src/ckanrdf$ paster ckanrdf myconfig.ini -o dump.n3

Regularly, from cron or something.

Cheers,
-w