[okfn-help] Finalizing staging.okfn.org (or at least beta version thereof)

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sat Jul 31 12:12:27 BST 2010

Hi Stefie,

Hope all is well. Just wanted to follow up our chat on Tuesday and ask
how progress was going on the todo items we pulled together then?
(I've inlined them below and also on
<http://okfnpad.org/okfn-website>)

I feel we're really close to something launchable so it would be nice
to get those final rough edges sounded down (essentials are items 0-2
and we also have to hide the buddypress stuff for the time being ...)

Rufus

0. reinstate wp_title, wp_tagline (in white) and use simple O logo
  * http://assets.okfn.org/images/logo/okf_logo_white_and_green.png
  3. Tag line for logo ... (Promoting Open Knowledge in a Digital Age)
1. Menus!
  * Top priority is top bar (which isn't right at the moment)
http://staging.okfn.org/wp-admin/nav-menus.php
  * Home (?) / About / Get Involved / Projects / Working Groups
    * sub menu? Yes but low priority (if trivial worth doing but still
low priority)
2. width: on 1024 i get horiz scrollbars ...
  * centred
  * See default wp theme at e.g. http://openbiblio.net/
3. Enable multiblog/wpmu stuff and create incubator.okfn.org (and we
might as well migrate blog.okfn.org into this wordpress install?)
4. Profiles.
  * Install Buddypress done by Rufus
  * Make our theme compatible (if we want to -- may not need all features)
     * http://codex.buddypress.org/how-to-guides/wordpress-to-buddypress-theme/
5. slideshow
  * http://wphtml5.vrl3.com/?page_id=45
  * Default image is image we have (bubbles and stuff)
  * If you want take some nice screenshoots (or design some) please do so ....
    * If you take them in hi-res we can use again and again (and we'll
upload them to flickr)
  * images: should link ...