[okfn-help] QA for OKFN websites ?

Stefano Costa stefano.costa at okfn.org
Thu Jun 17 22:31:02 BST 2010

Hi all,
today I realized that there are so many websites managed by the OKF that
it is nearly impossible to keep track of all of them, or at least there
is no single person who knows about every single website.

I may be wrong, but what worries me is particularly that some sites
might be broken, or have dead links, or expired domains like for
wsfii.org ... and other possible bugs. This is particularly true for
those websites that get little or no updates ("static" content, old
initiatives, dead experiments, etc).

I don't know how it could be implemented, but it would be nice to have a
sort of semi-automated way to check that all sites are up and running,
no broken pages/services, etc. A comprehensive list of all websites
might be a start, maybe there is already such a list, I don't know.

Other than wsfii.org cited above, earlier today I came across
http://bibliographica.org/get-involved (now already fixed!).

Otherwise, one may think to add the getsatisfaction "feedback" to all
sites.

If this idea sounds useless, feel free to ignore it! :-)

Ciao,
Stefano

--
Stefano Costa

Coordinator, Working Group on Open Data in Archaeology
http://wiki.okfn.org/wg/archaeology
The Open Knowledge Foundation
http://www.okfn.org · http://opendefinition.org/