[okfn-help] Bibliographica ticket #76 OpenID login and API keys

Graham Higgins gjh at bel-epa.com
Thu Jun 24 11:12:04 BST 2010

Rufus,

On 23 Jun 2010, at 17:38, Rufus Pollock wrote:

> Graham, I tried to look at the relevant changeset [...]
>
> Unfortunately it seems rather massive and to have a lot of unrelated
> stuff in it:
>
> e.g. why is this openbiblio/public/js/jquery.fresnel.widgets.js
> being added?

As Will observed, I found the js libs absent from the Openbiblio
repos, thought they'd slipped through a crack, added them to my repos
and dropped Will a note to that effect. At which point I discovered
that they were in fact tucked away in the ordf repos. So I'm
recreating that repos from a fresh clone.

> Also have you made the changes I suggested to not use elixir but use
> raw sql? (no matter if not, but it would help know what to look at and
> what not to look at).

I did just hastily throw it together as a proof-of-concept, so I take
your point. I am stripping it back down to a core of: a vanilla SQLA
identity model plus the OpenID-enabled user-managed accounts. That
should allow a clearer view to emerge.

> Also is openid supported here? This is one of the core requirements
> (in fact it is the first requirements -- we could start with openid
> login alone ...)

OpenID is fully supported, users can register using an OpenID and,
once the registration has been confirmed by following a URL in the
confirmation email, then they can use that OpenID to log in with.
There is also an 'association' facility that allows users to associate
additional OpenIDs with an existing account.

I will set up a publicly-available instance of an auth'n'auth enabled
bibliographica so that the auth'n'auth functionality can be
experienced first-hand.

- --
Cheers,

Graham