[okfn-help] current status of "ask" and "ideas"

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Nov 8 06:21:34 GMT 2010

To add to Jo's responses ....

On 7 November 2010 18:42, Stefano Costa <stefano.costa at okfn.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> yesterday I stumbled upon http://ideas.okfn.org/ after forgetting about
> it. It doesn't seem like people are using it. Apparently some front-end
> makeup was required before going live:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/okfn-help@lists.okfn.org/msg00069.html

Yes, we've decided to go with a Q&A/wiki type system (OSQA in fact,
not solace -- after experimenting with solace we've decided OSQA
looked better).

Ticket was here: <http://knowledgeforge.net/okfn/tasks/ticket/141>

> http://ask.okfn.org/ is instead 404 - I can remember this as an earlier
> test on the same line as ideas, being based on Solace rather than OSQA.
> Is it actually turned off forever?

ask.okfn.org has been turned off for the time being because:

a) ideas part has migrated to ideas.okfn.org
b) for the parts not covered by ideas.okfn.org (and we could always
partly abuse ideas.okfn.org) we didn't yet have much use

I note also there was almost no data in in it. If people would really
like ask to be put back up, please say.

Rufus

> Thanks! Yasou,
> steko
>
> --
> Stefano Costa
> Coordinator, Working Group on Open Data in Archaeology
> http://wiki.okfn.org/wg/archaeology
> The Open Knowledge Foundation
> http://www.okfn.org · http://opendefinition.org/

Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation