[okfn-help] Solr on OKF projects

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Oct 5 18:17:13 BST 2010

On 4 October 2010 20:52, print.crimes <print.crimes at yatterings.com> wrote:
>  Hi Rufus,
>
> Sorry one more thing. Off the top of your head, would you know which OKF
> projects are using Solr or which Solr library they use? I'm assuming its the
> one that shipped with Solr 1.2 but just wanted to chekc before diving off
> into the wrong library.

You want this python library: <http://code.google.com/p/solrpy/>

A simple example of usage (for COINS db search):

<http://bitbucket.org/okfn/coins/src/tip/querysolr.py>

BTW: setting up solr is a bit of a hassle and we already have it
running on one of the OKF servers so we could set you up an
experimental 'core' if you want (though obviously a local install is
best for dev purposes!)

Open Knowledge Foundation