[okfn-help] Deprecating sqlobject in vdm and putting imports at top level (was: Re: vdm: improvement thoughts)

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Sep 2 16:46:44 BST 2010

Hey Rufus,

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:

[moving vdm.sqlalchemy into vdm]

> Ok, you've convinced me ;)

Thanks! I really do wish to push vdm forward; I'd like to switch to
vdm from Clio, though of course that's not easy as I created Clio,
especially given my still shaky ideas on how to do 'pending' data with
vdm. But vdm has some better approaches and Clio has no community, and
at least we're two people talking now.

[how to go about moving code about]
> OK. Let's do this.

Cool! I could do this in my bitbucket fork easily enough. But I'd do
it to the stuff I've already been hacking in: the mysql support. Could
we work to landing that in main vdm before we proceed? (I'm
inexperienced with hg though, perhaps there's a better way). We have a
few details to work out on the mysql support, so I'll await your
if necessary).

Regards,

Martijn