[okfn-help] Announcing Micro Instances for Amazon EC2

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich at pudo.org
Thu Sep 9 10:53:03 BST 2010

Could be a reason to think about building and distributing a CKAN AMI, I think.

On Sep 9, 2010, at 11:14 AM, James Casbon wrote:

> Yes looks good, makes more sense to use their hosted DBs as well now?
>
> Are there reserved prices for these too?
>
> BTW I haven't fully caught up on my mail from being back from holiday,
> but was the EC2 mystery cpu time use resolved satisfactorily?

Yes, there was a bug in the offenedaten plugin used by de.ckan.net that seems apparently caused the outages.

I'm still a bit worried about the load on eu8 (which is mostly hosting de.ckan without the plugin at the moment):
http://munin.eu1.okfn.org/okfn.org/eu7.okfn.org-load.html

Friedrich