[okfn-help] Problems with uploading media in Wordpress install on okfn.org

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Feb 7 23:42:07 GMT 2011

On 7 February 2011 17:33, Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org> wrote:
> I go to: http://linguistics.okfn.org/wp-admin/themes.php?page=custom-header
>
> I click 'choose file' and choose a file, and click upload.
>
> It says 'Header updated. Visit your site to see how it looks.'.
>
> What should be a header image is a blank space in the preview. On the
> site it displays a broken link image. (I've left it up there so you
> can see it.)

Now fixed! Turned out we had an old apache alias for /files that
b0rked the wordpress setup. 1h of debugging later it was eliminated
and uploads now work (btw, uploads were working, you just couldn't see
any of them because the /files url that wordpress uses (and redirects)
was being overidden by the apache alias).

Rufus

--
Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation