[okfn-help] Wiki: Surge protection

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Feb 18 09:40:23 GMT 2011

Very odd. Could possibly be because we have wiki.okfn.org behind a
cache and hence non-logged in users get the same ip and hence trigger
surge protection. However squid sets x-forwarded-for and according to
[1] moinmoin respects this. If you log in this problem should
definitely go away ...

Rufus

[1]: http://moinmo.in/HelpOnConfiguration/SurgeProtection

On 17 February 2011 20:43, Daniel Dietrich <daniel.dietrich at okfn.org> wrote:
> Today I got this on wiki.okfn.org, after hitting the "login" button the first time of the day:
>

>> Surge protection
>>
>> Warning:
>> You triggered the wiki's surge protection by doing too many requests in a short time.
>>
>> Please make a short break reading the stuff you already got.
>>
>> When you restart doing requests AFTER that, slow down or you might get locked out for a longer time!
>
> Any ideas?

Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation