[okfn-help] Open Correspondence site updates

print.crimes print.crimes at yatterings.com
Sun Mar 6 20:12:59 GMT 2011

Evening,

Apologies for cross-posting.

I've just updated the Open Correspondence site with some additions.
* additional fields in the RDF endpoint.  I still need to do some major
work to JSON and XML which I hope to do for the next update.
* a basic text search
* a basic set of geographic data in the collection
* better linking from the letters to the correspondent and geographical
data (NB it is still incomplete)
* some mapping with Open Layers javascript.
* a Simile timeline (which is a bit slow at the moment).

Following a conversation regarding APIs on Open Shakespeare, I'm
starting work on an API for mining the letters for some data. It might
also show any other areas which need work. I think that this is also
going to involve checking the site against the Pedantic Web suggestions
and working on some of those.

Is there an open bibliographic service  which can be queried to get
better book publication data for nineteenth century publications?
Alternatively is there a data set where I can start creating one for
present and possible future needs?

I'd be grateful for any comments, suggestions or wishes for the site
either on list or directly back to this mail.

Thanks,

Iain