[okfn-help] AWS issues

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Mar 11 16:56:51 GMT 2011

AWS EC2 had issues today in EU-West region [1] and it seems to have
affected several of our machines including those running okfn.org
(eu2) and eu8 (dev instance). Most services have been restored but it
seems that eu8 remains unresponsive.

Rufus

[1]: http://status.aws.amazon.com/

[RESOLVED] Small number of EC2 instances unavailable in a single
availability zone in the EU-WEST-1 region.     less
6:43 AM PST A small number of instances in a single availability zone
in the EU-WEST-1 region became unreachable at 05:50am PST. We are
working to restore service to the affected instances.
7:43 AM PST Most affected instances are now available. We are still
working to restore a small number of instances.
8:36 AM PST Almost all affected instances have fully recovered. We are
continuing to work to restore a small number of instances and will be
communicating directly with these customers. The service is operating
normally.