[okfn-help] Annotator JavaScript Library

Aron Carroll aron.carroll.lists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 21:36:50 GMT 2011

Hi all,

I’ve been working with Rufus Pollock over the past couple of weeks on a JavaScript tool that allows you to add annotations to your webpage. You may have seen in in use over on http://openshakespeare.org/.

We’ve been working hard on polishing the library ready for a 1.0 release. We’ve also built a bookmarklet that allows you to inject the Annotator into any webpage saving the annotations to our webservice hosted at http://annotateit.org. A demo of which can be found here: http://okfn.github.com/annotator/bookmarklet/. One thing to note, for the initial release the Annotator will not work on Internet Explorer.

We’re looking for feedback on all aspects of the project from the bookmarklet to the library itself which is hosted over on GitHub, http://github.com/okfn/annotator/, so if you have a spare few minutes to try it out we’d love to hear your thoughts.

More specifically we’re also looking to make a screencast demonstrating what the annotator can do. If anyone has any experience with such things and would like to lend a hand it would be great to hear from you.

Cheers,
Aron

--
Aron Carroll, Front-end Developer