[okfn-help] URGENT - wiki.ckan.net under huge spam attack

Stefano Costa stefano.costa at okfn.org
Mon Mar 28 01:15:07 BST 2011

Il giorno ven, 25/03/2011 alle 18.01 +0000, Rufus Pollock ha scritto:
> OK, I've enabled recaptcha and its working. I'll leave you to have go
> at purging stuff. I think we want all changes from 18th march onwards
> to go ...

The spam/vandalism attack is now fixed. All edits due to vandalism were
purged from the wiki and database, with a combination of the following
maintenance scripts (for the record):
      * deleteRevision
      * rebuildrecentchanges
      * nukePage
      * deleteArchivedRevisions

There are just a few null edits by myself. The CAPTCHA seems to have
entirely blocked the spam flood since it has been activated.

That said, I encourage everyone to add the RecentChanges feed to their
feed reader and keep an eye on anonymous edits. Plus, it would help a
lot if regular contributors would be using a registered account.

Ciao
steko

--
Stefano Costa