[okfn-help] Fundraising?

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed May 4 15:39:22 BST 2011

On 2 May 2011 19:52, Tim McNamara <paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz> wrote:
> Does OKFN have a policy on how it raises funds? Does it actively seek
> philanthropic cash? Are there restrictions (e.g. gambling/poker machines) on
> the sources of finance?

Yes we do seek philanthropic support and funding. At the moment there
has been no specific policy set down regarding the sources of
donations or support (largely because we haven't yet encountered a
circumstance where there is any complexity regarding the background of
a funder or donor). This could be something to raise for a Board
decision at the next Board meeting (scheduled for June) [1].

Rufus

[1]: http://okfn.org/board/