[okfn-help] VDM with declarative SQLAlchemy?

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu May 12 15:03:59 BST 2011

On 30 April 2011 20:59, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
>> Good question. We have never tried so far. I note that we're
>> significantly rewritten vdm to be much simpler (and closer to
>> history_meta) -- these changes can be found in changeset branch:
>
>> <https://bitbucket.org/okfn/vdm/src/changeset/>
>
> Interesting, I didn't realize that you had done a rewrite. I still
> have my changes, which I've been maintaining and using, here:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/faassen/vdm-pending

Very interesting martijn. We should definitely look at this and we
want to implement pending support for a requirement in the CKAN
project.

BTW: I should say I did try to integrate your original patches (and
would still like to), see my last email on this subject:

<http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/okfn-help/2010-October/000916.html>

> We've been using this quite a bit. I wonder how easy it would be to
> merge the two, especially since I flattened the namespace into 'vdm'.

I would really welcome that I think, modulo compatability issues. I
already did a first attempt at integrating your other patches last
Autumn but stopped when I ran into some of the issues detailed in that
thread.