[okfn-help] Fwd: Workshops preceding OKCon

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Fri Apr 29 10:55:51 UTC 2011

Awesome, cc'ing okfn-help for their input.

> Hi Daniel,
>
> We are trying to get the workshops preceding OKCon into place so that
> we can announce them before people make their travel arrangements.
>
> Just want to check we are all on the same page about stuff: My
> understanding is OKCon is on 30th June and 1st July. We are looking at
> fitting 2-3 workshops into Tuesday 28th and Wednesday 29th June.
>>
>> A few questions:
>>
>> 1) Are the venues for the workshops confirmed? We were thinking quite
>> small workshops maybe 10-15 people, so they don't have to be too huge.
>
> I di reserve one room (about 20 - 40 people) for 27, 28, 29

Perfect.

>> 2) Rufus and I were discussing two / three workshops, A CKAN an
>> OpenSpending one and another one offered perhaps by outside
>> participants. CKAN and OpenSpending will probably be led by us, right?
>
> So we would better need two rooms? I can try to get additional rooms.

I don't think so. My understanding was that each workshop would use
the room for one day, but perhaps it is best to put out feelers - if
people think they will need more time for a particular workshop - then
we can think about additional rooms.

>> Has anyone else expressed an interest in giving a workshop / who would
>> be a good person to invite?
>
> there is a group on open education having a meeting on 29th. I reserved an extra room for them already.

Excellent - are you happy to handle getting a workshop description
from these guys?

>> 3) Could we put together a brief workshop description for each so that
>> we can advertise it?

> This would be really great. I think the people from the related working groups should put this together.

I agree - but neither CKAN or WDMMG have working groups, is that
correct? Who would be the best person to email from each - perhaps
James Gardner / Seb Bacon from CKAN? Who from WDMMG -
Friedrich/Carsten?

Would be great to get this sorted asap!

Lucy

--