[okfn-help] lists.okfn.org

Adam McGreggor adam at amyl.org.uk
Sat Aug 6 15:39:17 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 04:07:50PM +1200, Tim McNamara wrote:
> Happy to do this. I've spent a little time looking into this
> (http://trac.okfn.org/ticket/848#comment:1) to size up the work
> involved. We will need to customise the Python source code of mailman
> in order to achieve this.

For the graphical changes, it may be more prudent to:

    (a) create a new landing page for lists.okfn, and redir
    (/mailman)/listinfo to / via a rewrite (note the lack of
    terminating /)

    (b) customize the templates for Mailman, to an OKFN
    structure/styling, but note the precendence of paths.

> It's not that big of a problem, but will be
> irksome if/when we upgrade.

Significant changes are happening with Mailman 3, FWIW.

--
"My years of hip-hop sessions came in handy as I could converse well with
 Fast Fingers. I knew the lingo and when to use it, and as far as he was