[okfn-help] Open definition - Broken links

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Aug 17 10:34:05 UTC 2011

On 16 August 2011 22:51, Tim McNamara <paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz> wrote:
> Could we please get http://www.opendefinition.org/ossd/ redirected to
> http://www.opendefinition.org/software-service/?

this is weird as a redirect for that *is* in place on the site.
However, checking has revealed that /ossd redirects but /ossd/ does
not. It seems the 'quick redirect' plugin we are using does not allow
same base url with and without trailing slash. I've fixed this to
/ossd/ but this now means /ossd does not work. Better solution would
be to do redirect in apache but that should wait until we've migrated
opendefinition.org (see http://trac.okfn.org/ticket/638).

Rufus

> Currently, the first link is returning a 404. That's a problem because
> we're linking to that page from external sites (e.g. click on "Open
> service" button on http://okfn.github.com/annotator/).

Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation