[okfn-help] OKFN Dashboard

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon May 30 16:06:56 UTC 2011

Hi Tim,

I see you started a new repo but then discovered we already have a repo here:

<https://bitbucket.org/okfn/okfn-dashboard>

As there are several people who have offered to contribute I suggest
it would be good to try to finalize planning and parcel up the work a
bit focusing on our existing ticket (and any sub-tickets we can
create):

<http://trac.okfn.org/ticket/713>

A starting point would be to get a really clear set of use cases (see
the ones i've already created). We can also avoid duplicating anything
we've done already (e.g. Nils our sysadmin has already got a list of
sites and services and nagios monitoring set up at status.okfn.org).

I think there are probably a bunch of separate tasks:

* Getting a list of sources
* Pulling / scraping data from those sources
* Integrating that data
* Exporting it as reports and providing front-end web pages
* We may want an overall mini-webapp though i think, at the start, we
should aim for just json plus flat html as much as possible :-)

Rufus