[okfn-help] Starting an OKF Contact Directory?

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Wed Nov 9 14:43:37 UTC 2011

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for this.

Some of this I've updated, a couple of bits still unclear... comments inline.

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 10:07 PM, Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org> wrote:
> Great work Lucy!
>
> Comments on /contact page:
>
>  * Much more comprehensive but formatting makes it a bit long and
> sprawling. Perhaps we can do things like integrate all social media
> links into a single bulleted list, rather than with subtitles and
> bullets? Any anything else to help condense this and make it a bit
> more manageable?
>  * Email will still be one of the main points of contact. Under email
> I think we should have a table with project name/area on the left,
> then links and notes to the right.

Not sure what you mean by this. I.e. list all aliases at the top, then
other forms of contact e.g. irc, mailing lists in separate section
below?

>  * The working group and chapters should be in or close to the email
> section. Suggest we could add sub-sections to the email section table?

See above.

>  * Speakers should be under email too.

Done

>  * Suggest we could have single bulleted list of physical locations,
> with links to sub-pages if/when we need them (e.g. with map, full
> address, picture, etc)

Done. Not keen, on sub-pages (as I'm sure you're aware by my nagging
by now, too much maintenance, but think we should link to the
chapter's site and encourage them to update their physical location on
their own site)

>  * Logo stuff doesn't need to page on this page? Should probably be
> on okfn.org/media

I know - it has been there for ages... will move now, didn't realise
that page existed... oh, no - it doesn't, but does now... linked from
the footer of the main page.

> Comments on mailing list page:
>
>  * Suggest ordering regional lists by continent rather than alphabetically.
Done
>  * Typo: archeology = archaeology

Mended

>  * Suggest putting open-science regional lists under regional lists?

Maybe an additional link, but I think they should stay under science
as well, so anyone coming with an interest in science can instantly
know whether anything is going on in their area / inspire them to
start their own list in this area...

>  * Events & Competitions => Events & Activities

Change

>  * Suggest merging Related Projects into Projects

They were kept separate as I think some of them have been shelved and
some of the lists I know to be out of use. I need some input from the
team to see which ones should be integrated into projects.

> Hope any of this is useful!

Yes,

Thanks!

Lucy