[okfn-help] Starting an OKF Contact Directory?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Fri Nov 11 21:54:35 UTC 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Lucy Chambers <lucy.chambers at okfn.org> wrote:

[snip]

> Done

> i.e. this is where questions on Open Licensing should be directed?

I think so, and questions about OpenDefinition.org. My understanding
is that if licensing questions relate to a specific domain they should
go on relevant domain list. If they relate to ODC licenses, they
should go on odc-discuss...

> Not all of them are used though, e.g. wdmmg-announce I don't think
> ckan-news and ckan-changes get used... I'm going to omit them, and see
> if anyone notices... My feeling is that there should be max 2 mailing
> lists for each project, a discussion and a dev, otherwise we water
> people down far too much

Ah I see! Okay makes sense.

>> To omit (but *not* delete from mailman):
>
> Can't delete anything from Mailman :)

Just to be absolutely clear just in case anyone who knows how to do
this misinterpreted. It would be a shame to lose archives...

[snip]

> wiki, a specific tcamp event for this year)

odc-followup was created by Jason for post- Open Data Challenge stuff
(we have too many OD.. / OK.. / OG.. acronyms!). Think all of the
others are from OKF DE, so you could ask Daniel or Friedrich
directly...

That's about all I know.

A much needed spring clean!

J.