[okfn-help] [okfn-br] Translation of "We are OKF Brazil" in Portugese?

Everton Zanella Alvarenga everton137 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 17:35:45 UTC 2011

Em 18/11/2011 11:58, "Lucy Chambers" <lucy.chambers at okfn.org> escreveu:

> Would an option be to drop the "We are" aspect?
>
> I agree that it looks really nice in English, but it will look & sound
> a bit weird in other languages (for example: Russian doesn't have a
> verb to be in the present tense...)
>
> What I would suggest is:
>
> Top left: OKFN-Country Name
> Bottom right: A chapter of the Open Knowledge Foundation... (Not
> repeating but unpacking OKF)
>
> Thoughts?

I think it's a good suggestion. And when unpacking OKFn, as I said before,
it will be in the country language decided by the community.

In Brazil we are still discussing the name and seeing if it's possible to
use the word "foundation" in the case, for instance, we are an
assossiantion.

I was wondering about "We are [country]" name in Chinese and Arabic. ; )

In Portuguese, as I said, it sounds weird, in my opinion.

Tom