[okfn-help] Micro Tasks

Sam Leon sam.leon at okfn.org
Wed Nov 30 18:30:27 UTC 2011

Hi Everyone,

If anyone is currently working on something and they have some *small tasks
that a new volunteer could help them with - let me know*! We currently
direct new volunteers to http://wiki.okfn.org/Micro_Tasks but this is quite
out of date. Of course, we also have Trac but not everyone seems to use
this and the tasks on there are often slightly larger than volunteer who
isn't able to give much time can mangage.

I'm going to go through a bunch of newly signed up volunteers, some of whom
seem very able and try and pair them up with tasks in the coming days. Lots
of these people are very eager to get more involved in what's going on at
the OKFN and would relish the opportunity to help out on the project you
are currently working on.

Examples of small useful tasks that a new volunteer could do:

   - despamming the Wiki
   - deleting duplicate data sets on thedatahub.org
   - translating short bits of text
   - designing a simple logo for your project

So, please* send me any micro tasks you have that could be given to a
willing volunteer*!

Sam

--
Sam Leon