[okfn-help] Migration of the OKFN blogfarm to Page.ly on Wednesday; blog issues

Nils Toedtmann nils.toedtmann at okfn.org
Thu Aug 9 00:15:43 UTC 2012

Hi *,

the blogfarm has been migrated to our new wordpress hoster Pagely. It
took them longer than expected to import our blogs and then we had to
fight some caching issues (in particular on publicdomainreview.org), but
in the end, it seems to be all working.

Site owners: if you experience issues on your blog, please log into it's
control panel at /wp-admin, go to "Setting ==> WP Super Cache" and press
"Click to purge the Varnish cache". If that doesn't help, let Bobby and
me know.

Remember that all passwords have been reset, you will have to aquire a
new one via

  http://okfn.org/wp-login.php?action=lostpassword

FYI: DNS has not yet been switched to the Pagely servers, our old Apache
is currently proxying the Pagely servers. We'll switch DNS once everyone
is happy with the migrated blogs. There won't be a downtime of service
for that.

Kudos to Bobby for putting a lot of good work into this migration!

Regards /nils

--
See http://nils.toedtmann.net/ for contact details.

--