[okfn-help] Emergency wordpress update - please check your sites

Nils Toedtmann nils.toedtmann at okfn.org
Tue Jul 24 17:37:20 UTC 2012

Hello *,

because of a security incident we had to and upgrade our blog farm to
the latest wordpress version and tighten file permissions.

If you maintain a wordpress blog site on our OKFN blog farm, please
check that your blog (in particular its theme and plugins) is working as
expected. Let us know if not.

Thx to Bobby Donovan for sorting this out on such short notice.

Kudos to Nick Stenning as well. He had put the farm under git control
some time ago, and that allowed us today to revert bad changes pretty
easily.

There is a small change the vulnerability is in a bad plugin/theme, in
which case the vulnerability is still present. But we think the now
tighter file permissions will prevent this from happening again.

/nils.

--
See http://nils.toedtmann.net/ for contact details.