[okfn-hu] law and order

Peter Gervai grinapo at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 05:56:52 UTC 2011

Hello,

I tried to check about company registry but it's lot of lae to go
through, but in due course I got an info about an interesting one:

http://www.birosag.hu/engine.aspx?page=anonim

Basically all court decision text are public, and they were published
by the courts webpage. The whole - anonymised - text. A LOT. And this
is the other side of the law: the practice.

I'm not sure how open they are to hand over the data, but in my
experience the courts take publications seriously, and not impossible
they're willing to.

No time to check now, idea is open for grabs.

By the way PLEASE list "available open data" cautiously. Try to
differentiate between accessible but copyrighted data from accessible
and open data from open but inaccessible data. (...from closed and
inaccessible but created by public spending data, which is by far the
largest and most problematic set.)

--
 byte-byte,
    grin