[okfn-hu] Hungarian company register?

Béky Miklós miklos.beky at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 10:29:54 UTC 2011

hi

i am glad to be here, respect to all on this list!

with several civil organizations (incl. k-monitor as mentioned above)
we are currently working on a project called hazaitop or k-wiw that
aims to collect and make visible the most important government related
public data to reveal both 1) big efforts with respectable investment
and 2) big investments with less efforts in the second case raising
the question of non-professionalism or even possibility of
corruption...

as soon as our founding is clarified we are going to parse the
government's public procurement information from pdf files and other
sources using content patterns until some standard format (
preferrably json ) will be available. we also plan to put basic
company register information of the monitored organizations. we will
collect these from one of the "redistributors" since that will result
in traffic (and so income) for them when we link their service for
more detailed company register info. however it would be nice to
access and link these data drectly if it will be accessible for free
in any other way.

regarding the actual question as far as I know the "second market
redistributor companies" protect themselfs both legaly and with a
captcha on the net, so you cannot fetch all the data and put it online
for free, as David mentioned before the current situation is already a
step forward even if it could be pushed further.

our site is in deep alpha right now with some press information and
base data from www.k-monitor.hu, so it may be slow and the current
data is from the last few months, so there is not too much hystorical
info in it, but it may worth a few clicks:

Hungarian ui:
http://hazaitop.addig.hu/

in progress English ui:
http://en.hazaitop.addig.hu/
( translating and localizing the project for other countries could be
also a way of extending this kind of approach )

all feedback is welcome!

Best Wishes
miklós