[okfn-hu] Planning for open data workshop in Budapest, 20th May

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Mon May 2 19:12:52 UTC 2011

The event was always intended to be a small informal 'unconference' or
'Barcamp' for developers, NGOs, journalists and others interested in
open government data in Hungary. We are going to see who is there on
the day and what they are interested in doing and making. Usually such
events have little or no prior planning - as part of the point is that
participants help to structure the day themselves [1]. However as
several people have requested information about an agenda, I thought
we could do a bit of planning in advance so we can hit the ground
running! :-)

This is not to be confused with the event the day before (on the 19th)
with Hungarian civil servants, representatives from the European
Commission and EU member states - which is a more structured, formal
affair with presentations and talks.

All the best,

Jonathan

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconference