[okfn-hu] Hungarian government data catalogue

David Kitzinger kitzinger at gmail.com
Wed May 11 20:26:39 UTC 2011

hi,
I will get an egnlish description tomorrow. In advance it is search engine
and reporting tool for a collection of datasets. 90% of the datasets are
accessed through webservice. Multidimensional datasets are are using OLAP
reporting. Only a few but very huge aggregated datasets are hosted by
Neumann. These are separate datasets (tax, healthcare, etc) that are
interconnected on individal case level and anonimized for public policy
planning. By the law Neumann has to secure than no individual person or
company. Through this tool we can secure that inquiries do not allow to
prepare one item cells in a n dimensons crosstable.

It would be much easier and secure to find original datasets that do not
contain any personal data. As I said the vast majority of datasets in
közadat portal are such but not hosted and maintained by Neumann. The
project was a pilot in a very hostile environment.

Best
David