[OKFN-IN] Help Promote the Open Access White House Petition

Sridhar Gutam gutam2000 at gmail.com
Wed May 30 04:22:23 UTC 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrea Higginbotham <andrea at arl.org>
Date: 30 May 2012 02:41
Subject: [sparc-oaforum] Help Promote the Open Access White House Petition
To: sparc-oaforum at arl.org

Hello All!

We're on our way to surpassing 20,000 signatures on the White House
Open Access petition  - in just one week!  - and we need your help to
close this out successfully.

To help drive this effort  home, please consider sending out one more
email blast to your contact lists. This is a truly effective way of
not only getting the word out, but also of showing your support.
Consider a "+1" email request  - encouraging those on your network who
have already signed to recruit a friend or colleague to sign, to be
their "+1." It's a great way to include new voices into the mix!

Our social media efforts have been phenomenally effective - Twitter is
aglow with references to #openaccess and #OAMonday so please use these
hashtags if you tweet. Facebook is also a great way of getting the
petition link out to all of your friends - you can add a link directly
to the petition in your Facebook posting to make it easy for folks to
sign.

Here are a few links to include in your email blasts, and to spread
far and wide in your social media endeavors:

The Petition:
https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/petition/require-free-access-over-internet-scientific-journal-articles-arising-taxpayer-funded-research/wDX82FLQ

Short URL to Petition for Tweets: wh.gov/6TH

Banner Ads to use on your Websites/Blogs:
http://www.arl.org/sparc/media/white-house-open-access-petition-support-banners-f.shtml

Thank you so much for your continual help with this campaign! And
please let me know if you have any questions!

Best,

Andrea

--
Andrea Brusca Higginbotham