[OKFN-IN] invitation to the survey of open data practices in india

sumandro sumandro at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 08:02:27 UTC 2013

Dear all,

HasGeek is doing a study on open data policies and practices in India and
the role of intermediary organisations.

In this study, we are trying to map how non-government and advocacy
organisations collect, store, publish, use and re-use data. We are also
attempting to understand the usage scenarios imagined by and implementation
challenges faced by policy-makers and data portal implementors. This
mapping is being done to identify possible areas of policy modification,
capacity building, community organisation, and alignment of efforts.

This study is part of the 'Exploring Emerging Impacts of Open Data in
Developing Countries' (ODDC) research network managed by World Wide Web
Foundation and supported by the Canadian International Development Research
Centre.

You can read more about the study on the research
blog<http://oddc.hasgeek.com/>,
and about the ODDC research network at the Open Data Research
Network<http://www.opendataresearch.org/emergingimpacts>website.

We are carrying out an initial survey to identify organisations in India
that function as 'data/information intermediaries', i.e., those who mediate
between creators/publishers of data and users of data, either by mandate or
in the way they work.

If your organisation undertakes such data/information mediations or simply
collects and publishes government data, please visit the survey
page<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12GG5akTBYgrQN2eUIK5peiIzvUK-Sy2G_AUt0dJ5pog/viewform>and
register your organisation for an in-depth survey that we will
undertake during the next months.

We hope you will consider participating in this survey. Should you have any
queries or doubts, please write to us for clarifications and suggestions.

Please also circulate this invitation among relevant individuals and
organisations.

Bests,

Sumandro <mail at ajantriks.net>
Zainab <zainab at hasgeek.com>