[Okfn-irl] Seasonal greetings, government, Daft Punk, open data and open government

Denis Parfenov denis.parfenov at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 16:51:41 UTC 2013

Dear Friends,

2013 has been quite a year for Open Data and Open Government communities in
Ireland. We’ve held 9 Open Data Ireland
meetups<https://tito.io/open-data-ireland/>,
organised 2 hackathons, deployed a CKAN instance
<http://data.opendata.ie>and signed
Ireland up to participate in the
OGP<http://per.gov.ie/open-government-partnership-ogp/>where a major
open
data initiative<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/open-data-ireland/zXLdqylRlFM>has
been announced by the Irish government. Many thanks to all
participants!

Open data and open government are still the Daft Punk of
government<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9DtEUJwevo>and will
continue to increase in importance for our fellows citizens.
 Education is critical for our country’s future and for the future of all
citizens and to show how it can benefit from open knowledge, we suggest
making it a core tune for 2014.  To start this off, we are going to
concentrate on this theme at 2014’s first Meetup in Cork on January 23.
 Bring your schoolbags ;-)!

http://irl.okfn.org/2013/12/20/invitation-meetup-12-cork-open-data-and-education-in-ireland/

Happy holiday season and best wishes for the New Year!

Sincerely,

Denis Parfenov