[Okfn-irl] [Thursday, 24th October] ODI Meetup #10 ‘The Way forward for Open Data in Ireland’

Flora Fleischer daydreamer2105 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 09:34:28 UTC 2013

Dear All,

You are very welcome to  join us, to contribute and to participate in ‘Open
Data Ireland Meet up #10’ on Thursday, 24th October 2013 in TCube
Dublin<https://maps.google.com/maps?q=32-34+Castle+Street,+Dublin+2&hl=en&sll=53.375136,-6.300659&sspn=0.224888,0.676346&hnear=34+Castle+St,+Dublin+2,+County+Dublin,+Ireland&t=m&z=16>(32-34
Castle Street, Dublin 2).

Doors open: 18:30

Everyone is welcome, the event is free, but registration is required:
https://tito.io/open-data-ireland/meetup-10

<https://tito.io/open-data-ireland/meetup-10>

   -

   What? Open Data Ireland Meet-up: Next steps for open data in
Ireland<https://tito.io/open-data-ireland/meetup-10>
   -

   When? Thursday 24th October, 18:30 – 21.30
   -

   Where?  Dublin TCube (Phoenix House, 32-34 Castle Street,
D2)<https://www.google.com/maps/preview#!q=32+-+34+Castle+Street%2C++Dublin+2&data=!4m15!2m14!1m13!1s0x48670c279411df4b%3A0x44f65948a249416e!3m8!1m3!1d21836551!2d-95.677068!3d37.0625!3m2!1i1366!2i643!4f13.1!4m2!3d53.3433821!4d-6.2692277>
   -

   Social media: Follow @OKFirl <https://twitter.com/OKFirl>
#OpenDataIRL<https://twitter.com/search?q=%23opendataIRL&src=hash>
   -

   More details: on the event page<https://tito.io/open-data-ireland/meetup-10>

**Please also spread the word and
Re-tweet<https://twitter.com/OKFirl/status/390775540291883008> (Tweet
all ready to go for your convenience**
:-)<https://tito.io/open-data-ireland/meetup-10>

What will we be talking about?

The objective of the Open Data Ireland meet-up is to provide an informal
opportunity for people from all backgrounds with an interest in open data
to to connect, interact, learn and strategize. There is a big focus on
identifying and collaborating on actionable next steps.

Ease of Access: What do we need to do to keep Irish Open Data portal live &
kicking? - Next Steps.

Open Data Availability: Findings from our recent open data audit at CKAN
Hackathon. Challenges for open data during OKFN Open Data Census.- Next
Steps.

Strategy: Where next for open data in Ireland? Ireland and the Open
Government Partnership. The case for an Irish Open Data Institute - Next
Steps

Web: Content Strategy for Opendata.ie: How do we use website/blog to tell
Irish citizens & the world what we're doing & why. - Next Steps

About

Open Data Ireland was set up with the purpose of helping citizens access
high value, meaningful machine readable data sets generated by the Irish
Government. This community meetup will bring together people who are
passionate about sharing, learning, using and progressing Open Data in
Ireland.

If you work in public or private sectors, if you're a developer, designer,
journalist, academic, policy maker, creative thinker, civil servant,
entrepreneur or just an Average Joe, you're more than welcome to join us,
contribute and participate.

Open Data needs creative people like you. You don’t have to be a tech
genius, you just need an interest in open data and a willingness to get
stuck in. We meet in a professional office space and have regular meet-ups
attended by people from all backgrounds (not just IT). This is your
opportunity to learn. Come along. Ask questions. Make suggestions. We can
be a sounding board for your ideas.

The event is co-organised by Open Data Ireland
<http://opendata.ie/>community and Open
Knowledge Foundation - Ireland. <http://irl.okfn.org/> Thanks to TCube
Dublin for hosting this event. Many thanks to all volunteers for their time
and energy!

---

Best,

Flora Fleischer