[Okfn-irl] Fwd: Proposed Open Letter to Minister Howlin to Make 'Abolishing FOI Fees' a commitment of the OGP Action Plan

Denis Parfenov denis.parfenov at okfirl.org
Wed Apr 2 13:24:34 UTC 2014

*Apologies for cross-posting*

Dear OKF Global Community,

OKF Ireland is calling and we need your support.

I would like to call on your help by lending your voice to an Open
Letter<https://docs.google.com/document/d/11KyCmA6fgXvDdqeYUrLorFuXxUxV9jUg5Y9mxU8eqk8/edit>
that
the Irish OGP civil society group would like to send to the Irish Minister
of Department of Public Expenditure and Reform (DPER), who look after both
Freedom of Information and the Irish process of becoming a member of the
Open Government Partnership.

Alongside local FOI experts who helped drafting the letter, nationally
engaged and international organisations we would like to request the
Government to commit to abolishing upfront FOI fees.

Our Government reacts far better to international than to national pressure
and we would like to ask whether you will consider to help us again by
becoming a signatory to the Open
Letter<https://docs.google.com/document/d/11KyCmA6fgXvDdqeYUrLorFuXxUxV9jUg5Y9mxU8eqk8/edit#>
.

We would appreciate if you can help to share this letter with your networks.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Denis

--

Denis Parfenov | OKF Ambassador for Ireland | m: +353863850044 |
@prfnv<https://twitter.com/prfnv>