[Okfn-irl] [Sat, May 10th] Open Data in (half) a Day

Denis Parfenov denis.parfenov at openknowledge.ie
Tue Apr 29 12:58:12 UTC 2014

**Apologies for cross-posting**

Dear all,

Thanks to all of your contributions and support in the last number of
years,  open data is going to be one of the key themes at the OGP Europe
meeting in the Dublin Castle next week.

However, we believe that many participants will leave this event with
questions 'what is open data?' and 'why open data is important for me?'

Thus, Open Knowledge Ireland, in collaboration with the Open Data Institute
of North Carolina, are running a 1/2 day course (designed for non-techie
audience), which will cover the basics of open data.

Date: *Saturday, May 10th (10:00 - 14:00)*
Venue: *Room KA 3-021, DIT, Kevin Street Library, Dublin 2*

The course will be delivered by Dr. Ingo
Keck<https://twitter.com/ingo_keck>(Open Knowledge Ireland) and Jason
Hare <https://twitter.com/jasonmhare> (ODI North Carolina)  and will cover:

   -

   Introducing open data
   - What is open data?
      - What are the potential applications, benefits and risks?
      - What is the future for open data?
   -

   Publishing your data
   - The language of open data, formats and machine readability
      - Discovering open data
   -

   Licensing, law and best practice
   - The role of law in open data
      - Understanding open data licenses
      - Stars and certificates
   -

   Making open data work for you
   - Key skills
      - The open data toolkit
      - Future directions and potential applications

Registration page: https://ti.to/open-data-ireland/open-data-in-a-day

We would really appreciate if you could share this information widely and
we'd be delighted if you can find an opportunity to join us on the day.

Note: on this occasion this course will be offered for free (regular price
is up to $500 per person)

Thank you.

Best regards,
Denis
--

Denis Parfenov

Open Knowledge Ambassador for Ireland / Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Ireland
http://openknowledge.ie/ <http://irl.okfn.org/>

m: +353863850044 | @prfnv <https://twitter.com/prfnv> [.org<http://prfnv.org/>
]