[Okfn-irl] Canadian Open Data guest in Ireland - Sat. March 1

Tracey P. Lauriault Tracey.Lauriault at nuim.ie
Fri Feb 28 14:43:56 UTC 2014

Hi gang;

Tomorrow Jonathan Brun, co-founder of Open North (http://opennorth.ca)
which builds tools for a better democracy and one of the first open data
NGOs in Canada, co-founder of Nimonik (http://www.nimonik.com/about-us/
<http://www.nimonik.com/about-us/>), and of Montreal Ouvert
(http://montrealouvert.net/) one of the most successful open data groups
in Canada is in Dub.

He and I will be at Grogans this Saturday, March 1st, at 4PM for drinks
and a mini show and tell, maybe go for dinner somewhere after.

Anyone interested? I thought we could start at Grogans and go from
there.  If we move, I will tweet it with  #OpenDataIrl as a tag.

Jonathan & his colleagues have been pretty successful at pulling off
some great projects, and their apps have had good uptake in gov, and
they received the 1st gov. contract to create http://open511.org/ api
which has become an excellent road event tool.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Cheers

Dr. Tracey P. Lauriault
Programmable City Project
National Institute for Regional and Spatial Analysis (NIRSA)
NUI Maynooth
Maynooth
Co. Kildare
Republic of Ireland