[Okfn-irl] Next Steps for OGP in Ireland?

Flora Fleischer fleischer.flora at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 12:40:17 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

I think there is (or should be) an opportunity for civil society to input
to the OGP Action Plan that the government is going to release either with
or without us. This I think is the reason (there may be other reasons for
others) why a few people came together and worked out a suggested plan of
next steps. The initial idea is to make that co-creation of the OGP Action
Plan happen and get the process going because we've only got 3 month left.

The steps outlined in the e-mail to Evelyn, etc. contained a few options
(we included all ideas mentioned) for how to get our heads around the 62
action plan items (+ 7 submissions). I think we realise that different
action items will be important to different people and the best way forward
is something that is left to be decided through proper consultation &
co-creation. Hence starting off the process now.

Hopefully we'll be able to discuss all those concerns and ideas together
with citizens, civil society groups, the public service and Government
soon. I am trying to get a meeting (+online) where everyone can attend.

With that:

*****Important: Please Read and Take Action - Thank you!*****

Let's work on setting up the working group / steering group. You can
respond to this thread or directly enter suggested/interested participants
into this document.<https://okfirl.hackpad.com/1st-Irish-OGP-Action-Plan-Steering-Group-Members-CP0WWElSChh>

Who would like to or who do you think should attend from these 4 groups (or
do we need to add more categories?). People who want to attend should be
available for regular interaction both online & offline during the next 3-4
month.

List of representatives to attend  series of meetings that will facilitate
civil society engagement during the process of developing Ireland's 1st OGP
Action Plan.

*Please add name, position / affiliation, phone number and email addresses*

*Public / Civil Society / Citizens*

   -

   -

*Civil Society Organisations*