[Okfn-irl] DPER not leading open and transparent civil society consultations

Donal donalobrol at clubi.ie
Wed Jan 29 15:51:22 UTC 2014

Flora,

If everything you say is actually happening, I suggest that it smacks of a
“divide and conquer” strategy whereby the powers-that-be choose to work with
one group, which in turn claims to speak for what it terms “civil society” ,
which it has yet to define.

It does not look like a good foundation for building an inclusive society,
which I assume is much more in tune with OGP processes that has been custom
and practice in Irish public governance based as it is on the “Westminster
model”

Was it Max Weber who said that the only power of bureaucracy is secrecy?

Regards

Donal Ó Brolcáin