[okfn-jp] Citizen Engagement with Open Government Data

Arie Purwanto - TBM A.Purwanto at tudelft.nl
Wed Jul 3 10:37:51 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

I am studying citizen engagement with open government data to tackle societal problems. I would like to share my preliminary research findings of this topic.

Most academic literature investigates top-down citizen engagement led by the government such as open data hackathons, while, I believe that bottom-up initiatives fully organized by citizens exist in practice. One of my case studies is the use of open election data by Indonesians for providing faster results of the election to society. You can find out about the results of this study here: https://doi.org/10.1145/3209281.3209305

Do you know similar initiatives as such? We can start a discussion on this.

Thank you!

Best regards,

A. (Arie) Purwanto, M.Sc.
PhD Candidate
TU Delft
Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management
Building 31
Jaffalaan 5
2628 BX Delft
The Netherlands<https://webmail.tudelft.nl/owa/redir.aspx?C=6qO9Ui2xez0hab0ys-ExgRUGOWbhBzpORDWr37RmWZ0dXPJ3ftDUCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.tbm.tudelft.nl%2fAZuiderwijkvanEijk>